Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Christmas With the Queen's Guard



     My annual foray into the realm of Christmas crafting has, sadly, lacked inspiration this year. So it is that I turn to the true crafter in the family, my 11-year-old granddaughter, Girlybird. She made this ornament for my tree. It is one of those hit-the-nail-on-the-head kind of gifts that come along every so often and warms the cockles of one's heart forever after. She knows how much I enjoyed my Once in a Lifetime trip to London 18 months ago, and how I long to return to England someday.

     I have many ornaments from past years that are precious to me, but this steadfast clothespin British soldier standing watch over our tree beats them all.

1 comment:

  1. How lovely is that! I used to make clothes peg dolls when I was a child - it seems some things never change.

    ReplyDelete