Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Cloudburst



     I sit outside in the sudden dusk with a summer storm brewing overhead. It feels as though I am wrapped in a wet, woolen blanket, and breathing becomes a conscious act in the thick, squall-scented air. The neighbor’s porchlight blinks like a firefly between the trees. My camera and I are eavesdropping on the silent, electric communication between thunderheads. I record one fleeting thread of their furtive exchange:


“She’s watching…”



“Pshaw!”

     In my ill-suited role as Il Paparazzo, I feel responsible for the short burst of temper that follows.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh!!! Yes, indeed, look what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, dear Nib, that was me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED that first shot with the tiny little "firefly" in the distance :) We've been sitting on the balcony for a day-long rain...nothing picture worthy :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You caught a bolt ! Your words are perfect for the way it feels when the weather is heavy and stormy.

    ReplyDelete