Friday, July 11, 2014

Dancing in the Moonlight



     We went for a walk at dusk yesterday. It was a cool, quiet evening with a gibbous moon teasing shadows out of the twilight and fireflies winking across the lawns like fairies. As we walked, night strolled past trailing darkness in its wake. We spoke in hushed voices. Then, on the far side of the neighborhood, I noticed a thick piece of chalk some child had forgotten on the sidewalk. I picked it up and wrote:

Gossamer fairy was here dancing in the moonlight

     I wish I could have been hiding in the shrubbery this morning to see the expression on the chalk-child's face.

3 comments:

  1. A dream of a write...pure magic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Kathy, at Cedar Pond, and wondering at the look of delight on the child's face. I'm also wondering at the look of delight on your face as you penned the words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am visiting from Kathy at Cedar Pond and I can see why she would mention your blog you are truly a magical writer, I love your words.
    I also must comment on your comment left on Kathy's blog I am the oldest of a family of ten and also felt invisible for most of my childhood and writing and blogging has given me a voice and my own space. I thank my invisible childhood for my imagination now. Take care I look forward to reading more. B

    ReplyDelete