Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Budding Chef


     I was in the greengrocer section of the market today when I noticed a little boy of five or six shopping with his mother. He put his face in the produce in order to smell it as he walked along: lettuce, cilantro, parsley, dill, celery... "Mommy, this stuff smells yummy!" he exclaimed with delight. It gave me such a lift to hear him say it. I saw the boy’s mother in the parking lot as I was putting my cart away and mentioned it to her. She said they grow herbs at home, and he likes to smell them too. When I observed that he might grow into a fine cook someday, she told me that he already loves to help in the kitchen.

Jamie Oliver


I may have just met a budding Jamie Oliver.


2 comments:

  1. I just love listening to children,their perspective is so fresh and new. You're right, he may be a future J.O.

    ReplyDelete